Saturday 5 December 2009

Well - I've joined the Transition Helston group this morning at the farmers' market. Met a few interesting people, and will hopefully get quite involved. I've no idea yet specifically what I'll be doing, but apparently there's lots of things going on so hopefully I'll find some things that excite me. They have 2 sub-groups at the moment - food and energy. I can see me on the food group and Anthony on the energy one.

We've planned our growing for next year as well. There's some work to do before we can start - clearing out and reinforcing an old kennel shed & run to convert it into a chicken run instead, digging out and fencing in the veg area, building a polytunnel etc etc. All good fun though - we're hoping to be really ready to start doing things in february sometime, so we've got til then to do the preparation work.

Christmas preparations are underway - while walking the dog I'm taking note of the nice evergreen sources to make my wreath and garlands. I'm really looking forward to it this year.

Sonia

1 comment:

  1. It all sounds very exciting. I hope you all (3) have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete